German-born artist Josef Albers once said, “the study of colors is the study of ourselves.”
In relation, the way consumers perceive a product according to personal preferences reflects that individual’s behavior. Understanding how the human mind processes color reveals the secret to a successful business. In reality, color is a powerful marketing tool that influences buyers to seal a deal!
Color not only defines a product by its physical attributes, but the meaning behind it.
It is crucial to note that color goes beyond visual appearance, and delivers a deeper message which can impact a consumer’s decision. Every hue, tone, and shade contribute to a bigger picture. The same shade could possess different meanings for various individuals based on personal experiences or cultural backstories.
Therefore, it would be wise to understand both positive and negative influences a color may have on an individual regarding its symbolism.
Here are some colors to consider!
Associated with power, authority and intelligence. This color is often used to convey luxury and sophistication.
- Adidas’ color choice along with its geometric symbolism of mountains indicate goals and objectives.
Brands that make a statement in the fashion industry like Louis Vuitton bring an essence of elegance.
Creates a sense of urgency, excitement, and increased attentiveness. It also stimulates the body by increasing heart rate and blood pressure. Red is an important color which encourages a call to action.
- Coca Cola is an iconic brand which utilizes the color effectively to bring excitement and stimulate appetite.
- Target incorporates red into its symbol to signify excitement along with a rush of urgency to buy.
Taking into account its significance, too much can stimulate agitation, hence its absence in medical offices or hospitals.
Associated with tranquility, reliability, and security. In addition, the color is used to promote loyalty in various products as seen in the field of technology.
- Brands such as Dell, HP, and Intel ensure that customers can trust their products both for performance value and durability.
Contrary to red which is utilized in fast paced environments like fast food chains, blue seems to exhibit a calming energy which encourages prolonged stay.
Promotes health, nature, growth, and eco-friendly supplies. Growth stimulates a sense of encouragement and balance.
- Organic brands utilize the color to highlight the essence of natural, high quality products. Brands such as Whole Foods emphasize the importance of a healthy diet.
It can also be hypothesized that green symbolizes new beginnings which can be attributed to a launch of a product!
Symbolizes laughter, optimism, happiness, and caution. This color has more in store than what meets the eye! In response to yellow’s optimistic properties, the brain releases serotonin which promotes happiness and fulfillment.
- Nikon for example emphasizes capturing life’s precious moments. The inclusion of yellow suggests the brand focuses on a positive outlook.
- Snapchat’s logo represents a youthful, fun approach to communication. In return, this platform can be used as a profitable outlet for marketing.
It is crucial to realize that color is a huge factor in brand identity. Although it is encouraged to use a select amount to avoid confusion, experiment with variations of tones and contrasts.
Most importantly, enjoy the creation process!
For more tips and tricks feel free to contact us at (603) 732-9070 or [email protected]